Monthly Archives: December 2014
- Improves the ability to foster collaboration, research, creation, reflection, publishing, and evaluation of learning.
- Provides a medium to access and communicate information, enriching and deepening social exchanges, which produces new to the world ideas and knowledge.
- Levels educational opportunities to all citizens through the access of information and research opportunities.
- Allows for individualized approaches to ongoing reflection and feedback opportunities during the learning process.
- Individualizes instruction improves the knowledge process employing technology by improving remediation and approaches that target a specific customer need.
- Produces new forms of data to allow for improved decisions regarding educational approaches.
- Increases creativity opportunities through the employment of technology applications.
- Introduces students to a variety of perspectives, cultures, and beliefs.
- Allows for the exchange ideas to a larger learning community, producing a personalized learning social network in which participants share learning objects to a larger community. This process produces new to the world approaches and ideas at a rate never seen before.
- Extends learning beyond the physical environment and time, further deepening approaches to knowledge.
- Fosters the construction of career skill sets via real world approaches through simulation, technology enhanced learning environments, and applications used in industry.
Above all, I believe Creative Thought and Economic Innovation requires social involvement, a human teacher facilitating social discussion, and that knowledge should not and cannot be substituted or devalued as a downloadable material. It is my cause and belief to stress as an Advocate for improvement in learning and curriculum design via technologies that can be distributed to all students equally.
We need teachers to facilitate creative thoughts, challenge beliefs, and to encourage social learning. Teaching is not a standardized process. We must inspire and question learning technology corporate approaches to do what is best for our students, thus our future. The purpose of my work and dissertation will be to consider these principles following my beliefs.